Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Take A Walk On The Wild Side part 2

Name dropping
No names
Glamorize cocaine
Puppets with strings of gold
East LA at midnight
Papp won't be home tonight
Found dead with his best friend's wife
Take a walk on the wild side
Wild Side.  Wild Side.

Frank was looking at the meager contents of the safe deposit box. His foster monster, once again, had the last laugh. There was a letter. It turns out he had a twin sister. Fucking bitch. Apparently, his foster monster and his twin's mom were twin sisters. One took his sister and one took him. His real mom couldn't take care of both of them. He had been raised by his aunt. His real mom had sent this letter and it said she was dying and that maybe someday the twins could meet.
Frank sighed. He took the letter and a small picture of his twin. She was about 15 in the picture. She looked just like him. Black hair. He wasn't sure of the eye color. From the letter she had the same birth mark as he did. Their last known location was LA. All this time she was practically under his nose. Fuck. If she was still alive. He stepped out of the bank, into the bright Boise sunlight. He slipped his sunglasses on, got in his car and took off back to Cali.
It had been two months. Two months since he had been transfered to vice. It suited his personality. He was a loner anyway and he occasionally was able to take his anger out on the perps...within the law of course...barely. He had been looking for his twin for two months. He really wasn't sure if she was alive or dead or even still in LA. 

His latest assignment had him undercover with his partner staking out strip joints. The squad was tracking a local drug dealer. He was in a club simply called Girls Girls Girls down on Sunset Strip. Him and his partner were undercover, nursing a drink when the first girl came out. She was pretty. Long black hair. Long legs. Decent breasts. She was young, not painted up to look young. He wasn't paying a whole lot of attention at first. If you've seen one stripper routine, you've seen 'em all. 

He was more interested in the clientele, hoping their perp might show. He did glance back at her when she took off her top. All the men started with the whistling and cat calls. He absently rubbed his chest where his mark was. There on the girl was a crescent shaped moon birthmark above her left breast. His heart started pounding and his hand started shaking. He had to remain calm. When he didn't know who she was, he didn't care what she did for a living. But now that he thought she might be his sister, all he wanted to do was kill every man in the club and run up there and cover her up. He wanted to cut off some man's hand as he slipped some money into her G string.
"Hey come on," his partner Danny whispered. "Hey, what's a matter?" snapping his fingers in front of my face, "Let's fucking go. We've got 'em spotted outside." I left a few bills on the table and we made our way outside. By the time we were done we had busted one of the fuckers. Not the head honcho we were hoping for. And the club was closed for the night. I would have to wait for another time to make contact.
The next night Danny and I were sitting in the car, watching another club.
"So what was up with you last night?" Danny asked. "You are usually not so scatterbrained."
I didn’t answer right away, staring out the window. I was a loner by nature, never sharing personal feelings, so it was hard to talk about it. Danny, though, was the closet thing to a friend he had.
"I think I found my sister," I said.

"Man, that’s great," Danny exclaimed, till he saw my face. "I mean, that’s good? Right? You don’t look real happy."
I was so good at hiding my feelings. Most people around me could never tell how I was feeling.
"It is good, Danny. But I am scared. Scared of what she will say. Maybe she won’t like me. I have no idea how to handle this," I replied, in a rare moment of vunerablity.
"Well, hang in there. I am sure you guys will figure it all out," Danny said optimistically.
"Thanks Man," I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment